Sliding gates — ideas of implementation with your own hands. Overview of the most successful options (105 photos)
As a rule, when installing gates, the owner of the site is guided by one goal – to prevent free access. Gates of different types and designs can cope with this task. When choosing the right type, they are most often guided by ease of use and compactness.
Sliding gates meet these requirements, so they are quite a popular type of gate. The design is a complex mechanism, but a ready-made version with all its components is offered for sale by many manufacturers. You can install the sliding gates yourself, showing patience and creativity.
The appearance of the sliding gate is also not bad and can become a real decoration of the site. Therefore, when choosing a suitable design, consider all the nuances. To do this, you can see photos of sliding gates, which can be found in abundance on the Internet.
The positive features of roller gates include:
- Compactness. They do not take up much space, allowing for free movement of transport.
- The cantilever system with a bottom mount ensures reliability and ease of installation in any weather.
- The opportunity to prove yourself as a creative person when finishing is a rich assortment of materials. You can finish the gate with a profiled sheet or forging.
- A wide range of variations.
- Long time of use.
- Application of automated systems.
Sliding gates have some disadvantages. Let 's list them:
- To install this option, you will have to spend more money than when installing other gates.
- The cantilever part requires the creation of a foundation for its installation.
- Despite the significant savings in free space in general, you will need additional space for the sliding part.
Varieties of designs
The modern stage of development of society is characterized by an abundance of various forms and designs. The same applies to sliding gates.
One of the variations is suspended. There has been such a modification since ancient times and is characterized by high reliability.
The essence of suspended gates is that the material on wheels is attached to beams located at a height of about five meters. That is, a kind of height restriction is formed for cars.
A variant with a console. As mentioned earlier, the variation is resistant to weather conditions such as snow, wind gusts and so on. Cantilever gates do not set any limits for the height of cars. The construction requires the construction of a foundation for stability.
Modification of gates based on screw piles. Piles of metal about 1.5 meters long are placed in the ground and play the role of carriers. As a rule, they are manufactured and installed in a short time – 3 days.
Mechanical design – requires manual opening and closing. The undoubted advantages of the variation will be easy installation and low costs. A good option for installation in a place that is not often visited.
Gates on an automatic mechanism are the most convenient option for permanent use.
Another interesting option is a gate with a gate.
We calculate the dimensions of the structure
Calculations should be started before the installation and even before the purchase of the gate itself. The whole procedure is:
- Determine the size of the opening, according to which the design and dimensions will be selected.
- Calculate the counterweight.
- Assume the mass of the gate.
- Create sketches of the construction, drawings of the gate.
All these calculations can be performed by yourself, it is easier, but it will be more expensive to contact specialists.
Let's consider what is the meaning and significance of each element of the calculation procedure.
What are the dimensions of the opening for? The dimensions of the opening will determine the dimensions of the gate. So, the width of the gate will be equal to the sum of the width of the opening, the width of the margins for closing and opening, as well as the width of the opening from the center to the center of the carriages. Thus, the gate will be wider than the opening.
Balance. To achieve the balance of the flaps, it is necessary to calculate the counterweight so that the mass of the gate is evenly distributed.
The mass of the flaps is calculated to determine the parameters of the guide beam using standards. The period of operation of the structure will depend on this. The calculation is made by determining the weight of the materials from which the sashes are made.
Based on the above, the strength of the component parts is calculated. These include a roller, a catcher, a supporting tire. In other words, the parts are called components for sliding gates.
The strength must be calculated in order to determine whether the gate will withstand gusts of wind of a certain strength. To ensure stability in windy weather, it is necessary to choose such a combination of gates and fittings, in which the strength of the parts would be higher than the calculated mass of the shutters.
What does the construction consist of
As part of the sliding gate are the following parts necessary for the installation of the gate:
- roller supports;
- a video that can be removed;
- windage and load regulators – catchers;
- as a fastening, a bracket is used to protect the gate from swinging;
- a support that provides mobility to the sashes and a stand for it.
Also, the foundation is an integral part of the sliding gates on a cantilever basis. Supports for rollers are placed on it, the load of the carrier is distributed on them. The rollers themselves are placed inside the console.
The sashes themselves must also meet certain requirements. Such as stability, reliability in bad weather, strong wind, some rigidity. All these requirements ensure the functioning of the gate flaps.
The structure of the structure can be visually represented by the sliding gate scheme.
The sash will carry out movement inside, within the site and nothing should interfere with it at the same time. It is necessary to take into account such moments when preparing the opening for the gate. And only after taking into account all the details can you install sliding gates on your site.
The installation procedure can be divided into several stages:
- foundation – must be done to create sustainability;
- conducting an electric current;
- the location of a special column in a certain place;
- the introduction of gate automation into the system and its launch.
Thus, you can install sliding gates with your own hands, or you can use the services of professionals.
Photo of sliding gates