Sauna in the country — 110 photos and features of modern projects for suburban areas
Having your own suburban area somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of cities drowning in the smog of exhaust gases is no longer just a dream of most urban residents, but a requirement of time, a kind of necessity. It is here that a person will find peace, relax body and soul, and someone will grow, and then collect their own harvest and it will become a pleasant addition to the family table in the long winter days.
Those who are already the happy owner of their dacha plot will certainly begin to equip their farm, and an important element in this process becomes a sauna.
Take a closer look at the photos of the bathhouse in the country, they can be found on the Internet in large numbers. You will certainly notice all kinds of options for baths: from simple to more complex, artistically decorated and providing comfortable conditions for a good rest.
If you decide to build a good and comfortable bathhouse on your dacha plot, you need to prepare, deal with all aspects of future construction, what materials will be needed, criteria for the selection of materials, as well as answer many other questions.
Let's take a closer look at the main nuances of the construction of a bathhouse in the country and everything that is necessary for someone who is going to build it on their own.
Before answering the question of how to build a bathhouse, it is necessary to decide: from what we will build it. Modern technologies in construction and a wide range of all kinds of materials allow you to choose the option with the lowest material costs, if I may say so – budget, as well as a design whose cost will be available only to a very wealthy person.
Depending on the type of materials and technology, the following types of baths can be distinguished:
- Stationary, capital structures;
- The so—called mini bath. It is characterized by simplicity of design and short time for its construction;
- Mobile baths. Such structures can be mounted on a trailer and transported freely.
We will not describe mobile and mini options in this article, if necessary, you will find the necessary information. Let's focus on stationary, capital structures, their features, as well as the main aspects of construction technology.
This is the most common type and is more preferable because it has a number of undeniable advantages, namely:
- Wood is a natural, environmentally friendly material, a person feels much more comfortable in such a bath;
- The foundation of wooden buildings is simple in its design;
- Undemanding to the insulation;
- Ease of processing. During the construction process, it is much easier to work with wood, it is easily processed;
- Simplicity of finishing works.
Wooden baths have some specific disadvantages, which include:
- The need to carry out work on the treatment of walls with special materials that prevent rotting under the influence of moisture;
- Difficulty in maintaining a wooden structure;
- The high cost of wood.
The next type, the so-called frame baths. Although wood also acts as the main material in this case, we have separated the frame method into a separate type due to the growing popularity of this technology, as well as its features.
Frame construction has the following advantages:
- Simplicity and accessibility for repetition;
- Low weight of the finished structure, as a result of which the foundation structure is greatly simplified;
- Low cost.
Despite its simplicity, the frame method is quite suitable for the construction of quite complex and comfortable baths in a suburban area. The high speed of the construction of the building also adds to the popularity of this method.
This type is rarely used, the reason is the complexity of the construction of the building itself and the technology of its construction. In addition: the stone freezes quickly, in order to warm up and dry the bath during the cold period, much more time and heating costs are required.
A stone bathhouse, as a rule, is built if it is large and with a swimming pool, otherwise it is better to choose a wooden or frame one.
Bath made of foam block or gas block
Quite an acceptable option. The structure is lighter when compared with stone, and therefore the foundation is simpler and cheaper. Such a bathhouse is built quite quickly and simply.
The increased hygroscopicity of the material requires special protection from water, this is the main drawback of this type.
Arbolite is a "light concrete" made of organic filler and bonded by means of a cement binder. This is a rare, but quite decent option.
The walls of the building themselves are assembled from blocks or made monolithic. The bath turns out to be warm, strong enough, and the construction does not require high financial investments.
We have considered the main options for a capital bath. The choice of one or another method depends entirely on your material capabilities and preferences. Having chosen the type of the future bathhouse, you can proceed to the next step – to choose a place on the site where it will be located.
How to properly place a bathhouse on the site
Take a closer look at how the ready-made baths are located at your neighbors' dacha, or get acquainted with the site plans on the Internet: you will certainly notice that the place where the bathhouse is installed is not chosen by chance. Let's try to analyze the criteria for this choice.
There are the following fundamental rules that need to be taken into account:
- The best location option would be the backyard, the place should be protected from winds and drafts;
- Do not install a bathhouse next to the road, dust will be an unpleasant surprise during your vacation;
- If possible, choose the southern side of the plot;
- A well, borehole or other source of drinking water must be at least 20 meters away from the bathhouse building.
If your site is located on the shore of a reservoir or you have an artificial one, place the bathhouse at a distance from it, this will avoid flooding in spring or during rains.
Bathhouse design features
A competently created, informative project largely determines the convenience of the future bathhouse, as well as the success of the entire construction process. When designing, consider the following points:
- The ceiling height in the bath should be about 2 m. — this is the optimal value, it will allow you not to beat your head and use heat rationally;
- The door should preferably be made with an exit to the south, and the windows to the west;
- The optimal size of the doors is: height 1 m. 80 cm, width 70 – 80 cm. The threshold is made higher for proper distribution and saving of heat indoors;
- The walls are made of a material with low thermal conductivity — this will increase the energy efficiency of the bath;
- It is necessary to think over the drainage and ventilation system, durability and comfort largely depend on their competent design;
- Do not use resinous wood species for interior decoration, otherwise you will be unpleasantly surprised when hot resin starts dripping on the naked body.
When planning, think about the location of the rooms, where and what to place, but when thinking about comfort, do not forget about functionality and efficient use of heat. Take a closer look at the finished version, look at the photos of the bathhouse inside, they can be found on specialized websites, as well as from your neighbors.
The quality of your rest in the future will depend on how carefully you think through everything at the design stage.
Sequence of construction works
In the process of construction work, it is necessary to adhere to a certain sequence:
- Installation of the foundation;
- Installation of walls. In the case of using frame technology, the frame is pre-assembled;
- Roof assembly. Install the frame, mount the crate, strengthen the roof;
- Carrying out exterior finishing works;
- Installation of floors;
- Installation of the furnace, installation of the chimney;
- Carrying out interior finishing works.
All types of modern baths provide one common element – a stove, and therefore it is necessary to dwell on this point in more detail.
The most profitable and easiest option is to buy a ready–made electric oven. The use of modern electric stoves allows you to get rid of the design of the chimney, not to care about firewood, and their design has a high efficiency, which will save your family budget.
In the design of the electric furnace for the bath there is a special module for heating stones, this allows them to be successfully used not only for heating water and heating the room, but also for the device of a steam room.
One of the essential advantages of furnaces running on electricity is their safety, the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning is excluded, but it is necessary to remember about electrical safety.
If you are a supporter of traditional technologies, buy a conventional wood–burning stove. It is not recommended to use coal or other hydrocarbons as fuel — in this case, there will be a smell in the bath, which will not benefit your rest.
You need to take care of a well-designed chimney, it should effectively remove all the smoke, otherwise poisoning is possible. Making a stove with your own hands is not worth it, unless of course you are an expert in this field.
It does not matter whether it is a classic or a portable, prefabricated bath, in any case, it will be a wonderful addition to recreation and a necessary element for those who live in the country.
In one article, it is impossible to tell about all the features of the construction of a bathhouse in principle. We tried to reveal only the main points, then everything depends on you and your desire.
Photo of a bathhouse in the country