Rose garden in the country — a breakdown scheme of different types of flower beds and the best varieties for cultivation (70 photos)
Roses are the decoration of any garden, so most housewives strive to create a lush pink flower bed under their house. However, the effectiveness and flowering of a beautiful rose garden depends not only on the selected varieties or the number of seedlings planted, but also on the planting scheme, the correct "neighbors" and the appropriate design.
To make a really chic combination of roses, it is better to familiarize yourself with some rules in advance.
Choosing a style
However, it's not really about style, but about the general mood and atmosphere of the future flower garden. Even before the formation of the flowerbed and planting of plants, it is necessary to clearly determine where, how and for what purpose a new rose garden will be created.
For example, you can choose from the following options:
Romantic style implies planting roses of delicate and pastel shades, wrapping around the wooden frame of a gazebo or veranda. Combining such a composition with tall green plants, ivy and creeper, you can easily achieve a fabulous atmosphere, comfort and peace.
The ceremonial style is bright catchy colors, contrasts, a riot of colors and an abundance of greenery. Such variations are appropriate on facades, central flower beds or near accent objects (fountains, statues).
Classics suggest one-sided compositions on fences, fences or walls, and the shade of roses is selected as muted as possible or under the color of the coating.
The minimalist picture consists of several single flowerbeds, mostly of regular geometric shapes. It is possible to place mobile flower beds in flowerpots, tubs, containers on the territory.
The rustic style is characterized by the emphasized carelessness and naturalness of the flowerbed, for which profusely blooming and rapidly growing varieties are selected. The best "neighbors" of such wild roses will be natural natural materials: bushes, grass, stones, cobblestones, trees, single overgrown driftwood.
Rule #2. Making a scheme
Before you make a rose garden, you need to think through all the details on paper. Having decided on the place of the future pink kingdom, having studied its features, choosing the style of the flower garden and selecting suitable varieties, you should clearly present everything on the final scheme.
In the drawing, you must specify:
- The borders of the flowerbed, and what they will be made of;
- The place of planting flowers of all varieties;
- Selection of tall, medium and low levels;
- Determination of the planting of perennial flowers and annuals that will have to be transplanted annually;
- Fitting additional decorative elements into the overall composition.
It is better to make a drawing in color and as close as possible in reality in order to take into account all the nuances of the future flower garden. First of all, refer to the photos of the already decorated country rose gardens, choose the ones you like and enter the ready-made plans into your conditions.
Rule No. 3. Follow the instructions
The design of a rose garden in the country with your own hands is almost no different from the construction of any other flower garden, with the exception of some moments for special care of the rose. To reduce the risks, it is better not to act blindly, but to be guided by the following algorithm:
- Choose a suitable territory (at the entrance to the site away from trees and massive buildings);
- Prepare the place of the future flower garden: provide access to sunlight, protect from wind, clean the soil from debris, weeds, fertilize with special means;
- Make holes with a depth of about 60 cm (root length + 10 cm) and a width of 30 cm to 150 cm (depends on the thickness of the roots of the variety);
- Put a few small stones, gravel, expanded clay in each hole and sprinkle everything with earth;
- Prepare flower seedlings: remove damaged roots, cut to 20-30 cm, and leave the strongest and healthiest shoots without leaves, buds as a cut;
- Moisten the plant and carefully place it in the hole, cover it with earth and pour it abundantly, after which the planting site will settle by 4-5 cm;
- Fill the resulting space with earth, lightly stamp and pour abundantly;
- Plant the required number of seedlings in accordance with the rosary scheme;
- Complement the flowerbed with additional flowers or bushes;
- Decorate the rose garden at the dacha with improvised means: stones, a wooden fence, decorative mesh, etc.;
- Water the bushes regularly for two weeks after planting, and for the winter, hoe the holes with earth and sprinkle with sawdust or sand.
Rule #4. Experiment
There are many ways to harmoniously and effectively decorate a rose garden in the country. First of all, it is necessary to take care of masking the roots and non-flowering parts with a beautiful border or plantings along the edge of the flowerbed.
Secondly, plant next to bright neighbors: barberry, aster, irises, delphinium, santolina, carnation, begonia, periwinkle, pansies, boxwood, fern, pine needles, chistets, primroses, salvia. In this way, you can not only decorate, but also protect the plant, for example, marigolds, lavender and sage will protect the rose from pests and infections.
Often, as a finishing touch, a single lawn of decorative grass is used, which is presented in a wide range in any hardware store at a very attractive price of 50 rubles.
Thirdly, independently form the weaving of roses, especially in climbing varieties, in order to make unusual arches, gazebos and floral ornaments.
Rule # 5. Don't forget the care
Roses are those flowers that constantly need outside attention and care, so it is impossible to let such a flowerbed take its course, even to create an atmospheric flower garden in a "wild" style.
Basically, the care is reduced to the usual color manipulations: regular watering, the introduction of organic fertilizers and mineral fertilizing, weeding and pruning in some periods of flowering.
It is also necessary to remember about the specific tasks for the maintenance of the rose garden, for example, the removal of wild growth after grafting, the timely formation of the silhouette of the bush and the mandatory props for tall flowers.
A lush, bright rose garden in your own garden is what every housewife dreams of. Such a flower garden will provide not only an original and charming decoration of the house territory, but also the entire summer season will delight with an unforgettable fragrance and rustle of petals and leaves.
Photo of a rose garden in the country