Modular house — an overview of the best options for year-round living (90 photos)
In the modern world, we will not be able to surprise anyone with the modular design of the house. If we consider the classical perception of such a design, then we imagine a house consisting of separate blocks, so-called modules, which include rooms, floors, and so on. Currently, houses made of light frame structures are also called modular buildings.
To understand exactly what kind of structures they are, you can see a photo of a modular house.
The simplest modular structures for living include cabins and trailers for ordinary workers. At first, temporary living rooms or cabins were replaced by cargo containers converted into housing, which are used by companies for the transportation of goods by sea or by rail.
To do this, they took a container intended for recycling and insulated it, sheathing it from the inside with ordinary simple sheet materials, which makes modular houses suitable for year-round living.
Inside, electrical wiring is carried out in the room, openings for windows and doors are put. If such a converted container is connected with other similar structures, we will get a kind of high–rise building, mobile enough - it is very easy to disassemble and transport it from place to place.
To date, the modular house has changed – not only such trailers are used for its construction, but also ready-made technologies with frame structures that are already sheathed in wood or tin. The catalog of ready-made houses will help you visually familiarize yourself with all the projects that exist.
Initially, such modular structures were used exclusively for the construction of shopping malls, as well as industrial buildings. Due to the fact that individual construction is growing, residential buildings that are built on this principle began to appear over time.
Having considered a variety of projects of similar structures, you will understand that a modular house with your own hands is not difficult.
Advantages of modular designs
Modular houses are prefabricated structures that consist of several parts. You can always see various layouts of modular houses in catalogs. Such constructions have a number of advantages over conventional houses:
- they are very eco-friendly, since only harmless materials are used in their production;
- they are very resistant to a variety of negative natural phenomena;
- thanks to such constructions, you can significantly expand the main building – add one or even two rooms;
- mobile enough for transportation to other places (if necessary, they are installed elsewhere);
- it is easy to lay and install ventilation, plumbing and heating systems in them;
- they are more affordable than ordinary houses. Due to the low cost of construction materials, the price of such structures is often two or even three times lower than for houses made of brick or concrete;
- thanks to its technology, modular models almost never shrink;
- modular structures are quite strong and elastic. This allows you to resist more to various seasonal shifts of soil and soil, as well as to respond adequately to seismic vibrations of the earth.;
- they are easy and quick to mount and dismantle.
Disadvantages of such constructions
But as usually happens, not everything is so simple with modular houses. Upon closer examination of various projects of modular houses, in addition to a number of advantages, we can find some disadvantages:
- not very airtight;
- have poor noise insulation (you should be prepared for noise from neighbors);
- not all such constructions can be mobile;
- if there is even the slightest defect in production, the whole structure may collapse. It should be borne in mind that all communications during installation will be sealed inside the modular structure and it will be quite difficult to get to the defective part;
- height restriction – it is desirable that a building with modules has no more than two floors in height;
- there is no natural air circulation. This will require additional installations of various ventilation systems;
- they still look more like temporary housing, not a permanent home.
Modular house construction and stages
Almost any construction consists of several stages. For high-quality construction, it is necessary to observe the correct execution of all stages.
Project, approval and approval for the new building. At this stage, it is necessary to coordinate all the wishes of the customer. Be sure to prescribe the dimensions of the room, the layout, how many floors there will be, the style of the house.
To carry out research work on the study of the soil in the planned construction site of a modular house. If necessary, you can make a foundation (ribbon or columnar).
Production and final assembly of modules on site. Delivery of modules to the construction site. Unloading of container blocks, as well as installation of a modular structure.
Removal of cold bridges at the junctions of modules. Installation of docking plans (both inside and outside). Installation of the ridge on the roof.
Connection of all necessary communications: lamps, sockets. It is necessary to remember that all wiring must be laid in a corrugated single-layer tube. This will allow, if necessary, to quickly remove the ignition, in case of any breakdowns in the power grid.
If necessary, finishing works (both inside and in the middle of the modular block of the building). For finishing works (external), panel elements with standard dimensions are most often used. This allows you to significantly reduce the monetary costs of the entire construction process.
For the interior need to make the insulation, which will be mounted in the bearing elements, as well as in the ceiling and the bottom of the modules.
Today, there are companies in the house construction market that offer to build turnkey modular houses for you, taking into account all your wishes.
Modern modular houses, which are intended for both temporary and permanent living in them, can be produced in industrial conditions. With such an assembly, all modern technologies for the construction of such structures will always be observed.
Materials are used inexpensive, but with high quality, environmentally friendly, with a long service life. Houses made of such structures will serve as wonderful and comfortable housing for their owners.