Landscape design styles — comparison, site layout, evaluation of different styles and their application (145 photos)
The variety of landscape styles is amazing. The choice of design should be approached competently so that the overall image of the garden plot comes out harmonious. In order to make it easier to decide on the design of the garden, it is necessary to carefully study the types and photos of modern styles of landscape design.
One of the main objects in the Japanese garden is stones. Decorating them in this case is not just a design. They are used to give the garden a semantic load, since in Japan, household territories are used for philosophical reflection and achieving harmony with the surrounding world.
In addition to a large number of stones, this design assumes the presence of stunted flora, a pond and paths. To apply the Japanese style, it is not necessary to have a larger area of space.
A separate view is the rock garden, which is a small area that is covered with pebbles.
It is characterized by simplicity and naturalness. The English style in landscape design does not involve the use of fancy objects. In order to formalize the territory in this design, it is necessary to adhere to the natural landscape. It should create a romantic atmosphere of 19th-century manors.
The interference of human hands in the design of the territory should not stand out. Unlike a regular garden, decorated in the English style, assumes maximum naturalness.
Among the main characteristics of landscape style in landscape design are the following:
- The appearance should give the impression of the absence of human intervention. The use of winding rocky paths and reservoirs is welcome. The lawn must be constantly mowed.
- This type of design is applicable on private plots with an area of at least 12 acres. Unfortunately, owners of smaller territories will not be able to arrange a plot in the English manner.
- It is necessary to use green and silver shades in all elements of the exterior.
- Vertical landscaping of the facade of the house and fences is often used here. The space is surrounded by compositions of lush flowers and plants. Landscape type involves the mandatory use of juniper, thuja or boxwood.
- Paths from the house must be decorated with natural materials. It can be a tree or a stone. A good exterior item can be a small pond with a bridge and water lilies, as well as benches or gazebos made of natural materials, entwined with vines.
Usually, neatly trimmed lawns, watery plants and small terraces are used in the design of household territories in England.
For this ancient Egyptian style, the characters are smooth lines, a strict type of buildings and a large space. It is also called French, architectural and classical. The regular style was first used in France during the reign of Louis XIV.
The main idea in landscape design of that time was to organize the flora and subordinate it to man.
Fountains and reservoirs are used in the design only of round or oval shape. And all trees and shrubs are regularly trimmed to geometric shapes. This type of design has become the basis for modern high-tech.
Country music is very popular at the moment. It has become so widespread due to the simplicity of its design and naturalness. It is characterized by a lack of clear lines.
When arranging in a rustic style, you can use the freedom of imagination. The main thing is that in the end you should get a garden as close as possible to the rural type.
There are several features in the country style design:
- Square. The size of the plot is not important. The main thing is that the territory should be suitable for recreation and gardening.
- The use of environmentally friendly materials: wood, vine, stones.
- Planting of fruit trees and shrubs: apple, cherry, currant, etc.
- Decorative elements. Hedges, wells, benches, etc. can be used in the design.
- If you plan to arrange a reservoir, then you should use maximum naturalness (for example, a small pond overgrown with reeds).
Provence is suitable for all lovers of classics and pragmatism. It combines elements of rustic design and the atmosphere of France.
On Provence-style plots, you should not use strict lines. On the contrary, a certain carelessness is welcome in the design. You can use objects of irregular geometric shapes.
Also, welcome the use of benches, hand-made crafts, leaky bucket and trucks, antique design. When designing a site, it is better to determine the location of the decor items.
As for the flora, it is necessary to use all kinds of plants and trees with bright foliage. Flowers should be blooming and bright. The laying out of rocky paths is also welcome.
This design contains the same basics as interior design. First of all, it is the use of simple concise forms. Oddly enough, but it is quite difficult to design a plot in minimalism, since the designer faces the task of maximally revealing the idea with minimal use of decor.
Minimalism can be applied on a plot of any size. In this case, it is mandatory to use zoning elements. Minimalism does not call for the use of only strict and precisely defined lines.
What you should definitely give up is a large number of outbuildings. But various patios, stairs and podiums will look elegant in such a design.
As for the color scheme, minimalism welcomes pastel tones, as well as khaki and silver colors.
It is not so important which materials will be used in the design of the garden. You can use both artificial and natural products.
However, in the design of the site, it is necessary to use only one type of material in all buildings. That is, if a brick was used somewhere, then all gazebos, a house and paths should be decorated from this material.
There are no special requirements for the choice of plants and trees in minimalism. You can plant fertile trees or willow and birch. For decoration, you can use large metal gazebos or mirror objects. If the arrangement of a reservoir is planned, then it must necessarily be of the correct shape.
When designing a household territory, you can use a combination of styles, but you should combine different designs very carefully.
In any case, if you want to use elements of a certain type, combining them with other decorative elements, they should be used only in one part of the infield. Anyway, the arrangement of the garden is preceded by careful and competent planning.
Photo styles of landscape design