Insulation of the house with foam — step-by-step instructions on how to insulate the house with your own hands + 100 photos
Seasonal cooling is associated with the owners of private houses with an increase in the cost of installing heating systems and significant spending of the family budget on heating housing to increase the level of comfort of living. Effective and practical, outdoor home insulation with your own hands and wall decoration with high-quality building materials, with a low heat transfer coefficient helps to isolate significant wall surfaces, reducing heat loss.
Increasing the productivity of modern heating systems and protecting the walls from possible temperature and humidity fluctuations can provide significant cost savings required for the purchase and payment of energy resources.
Such measures have a positive effect on increasing the service life of residential buildings and utility rooms, for their implementation it is necessary to carefully select thermal insulation materials with a complex of excellent performance characteristics.
Among a wide variety of insulation materials and finishing materials, foam is a structure of foamed mass and is particularly popular due to the ease of installation and light weight of panels ready for installation.
Having carefully studied the photos of the insulation of the house with foam and its performance characteristics, you can choose the best project for implementation, taking into account the advantages that are felt when using this type of insulation:
- foam of any density does not absorb moisture, preventing the proliferation of fungi and the occurrence of condensation;
- it is characterized by increased thermal insulation indicators protecting the exterior walls from unnecessary heat loss;
- the material is easily cut, painted and mounted without the need to involve specialists in working with it;
- the light weight of the sheets ensures the convenience of transportation and transportation of purchased building materials to the installation site;
- the physical and mechanical characteristics of the material guarantee a long service life as a heater;
- foam insulation can withstand sudden temperature changes, and provides excellent sound insulation;
- it does not need additional waterproofing measures, protecting the walls from freezing and humidification.
To save the internal space of housing, experts recommend using foam sheets for the arrangement of external insulation, using a special technology for fixing this material on vertical surfaces.
Preparatory work for the upcoming insulation must begin with the selection of foam for insulation, the materials on the market must be carefully studied and the best option selected.
Types of foam for insulation activities
All varieties of foam offered by manufacturers are made in various ways, the finished products differ not only in name, but also in such indicators as appearance and physical and mechanical characteristics.
Determining which foam is better for insulation, it is necessary to consider all the proposed options and focus on the operational parameters of materials that are most popular among builders:
- polystyrene foam. It can be pressed and non-pressed, outwardly representing a collection of small balls that are tightly bonded together;
- extrusion material. The denser structure provides the possibility of optimal moisture insulation and does not let wet or dry air into the insulation layers;
- polyurethane foam. It is more often used in the manufacture of furniture and is similar in appearance to ordinary foam rubber, inferior in quality to the first two types of insulation.
Modern types of insulation include a special type of material with the use of which insulation is carried out with liquid foam, which has its advantages compared to sheet building materials.
The purchased foam must comply with generally accepted quality standards, confirmed by special certification documentation, where the specification and labeling by properties are specified, it is necessary to observe the necessary storage regime.
Selection of consumables based on its physical and mechanical parameters
When choosing foam, it is important to pay attention to its condition and especially the granules of the material, which should be the same size, evenly distributed over the structure, the sizes of the sheets can not be different and differ significantly.
When selecting, you can focus on the general characteristics and visually determine the quality parameters by comparing several sheets that need to be taken into account when purchasing, in order to avoid unnecessary expenses and expenses:
- absolute coincidence of thickness;
- the same density and structure;
- smooth trimming of all sides and corners;
- the identity of the color or shade.
A good foam with excellent operational parameters does not lose its physical and mechanical properties during long-term use and increases the efficiency of the insulation procedures carried out, keeping the house warm and cozy.
During its storage, before the upcoming installation work, it is important to maintain a certain temperature regime in the household or household room and periodically ventilate.
Technological stages of the insulation process
Independent insulation of the house with foam from the outside is carried out in stages, according to a simple technological process with minimal involvement of complex work and a limited set of tools:
- preparation of the facade and surfaces and treatment of walls with primer;
- fixing foam on the facade or gluing sheets;
- additional attachment of dowels that prevent displacement;
- putty of the resulting surface in order to align it;
- application of decorative coating of any selected type.
For the design of the corners of a residential building with complex architecture, a reinforcing corner is necessarily used, which allows to preserve the shape of the sheets and ensures a long service life of the finished structure.
During all the work, a small set of special tools are used, the use of which requires mandatory compliance with safety regulations, special glue with different drying times is purchased for the gluing process.
The effective thickness of the foam insulation of the house depends on many factors, which include the area of the insulated surface and the necessary parameters of heat saving and maintaining a comfortable microclimate in the housing.
A well-chosen protective and decorative coating will ensure the formation of a diverse texture, plaster looks great on large surfaces and makes it possible to create an attractive composition with landscape design.
A simple and inexpensive technology of home insulation with foam does not require the involvement of qualified specialists in the implementation of the project, whose work may cost more than the purchase of necessary materials and accessories.
Photos of home insulation with foam