Children's slide — tips on how to choose and where to install. 75 photos of ideas for creating a slide with your own hands
Almost every courtyard of the city district has a playground with a slide. But when living in a private house, or going to the country, children are deprived of the opportunity to splash out their energy by riding down the slides next to the house. So that the kids don't get upset, you can buy a slide, it costs from 15,000 thousand, but it's best to make a children's slide for the cottage yourself.
This will not only save money, you will be confident in the quality of materials and reliability of the structure. And also, it will prove to your family that there is a real man in the house, a handyman. You will earn not only respect, the children will be proud of their talented and caring daddy. So, where do I start?
First of all, it is necessary to draw up a drawing, and coordinate it with the children, in case they have any wishes. The construction of the structure can be different, it can be simple children's slides for the street, or a whole children's complex, with trapezoids and spiral descents.
For a better idea, you can see a photo of a children's slide. We will consider not complex constructions, and various additions separately, and then everything will depend on your imagination and skill.
First you need to find a safe place where a reinforced children's slide will stand. The playground should be flat, without bumps, about which children can stumble. For the same reason, you should avoid places near plantings, greenhouses.
But a tall tree nearby will be a plus, its shadow will cover the structure on a hot day. It is harmful for children to stay in the sun for a long time, besides, it is difficult to ride from a hot slide.
When drawing up a drawing, all the main components of the structure should be taken into account:
- Rectangular base on four legs (like a stool), it is better to additionally strengthen the lintels between the columns-legs;
- Stairs are needed with wide low steps, to avoid injury, the spans should be closed, that is, under each step you need to make a wall;
- A platform with sides, preferably reinforced with an iron base;
- The roof from the rain will protect both children and the structure itself;
- Do not forget about the sand embankment so that it is convenient for children to land, and in case of rain, the sand will save from the formation of dirty porridge under the slide.
Since the slide for the playground will be predominantly wooden, it is necessary to process the cut-out details in advance. First, each element is cut to size, with errors at the joints, then carefully ground. To make the tree last longer, it is necessary to paint it with a protective compound.
You can leave the natural color, but if you are planning a fun multi-colored slide, it is better to decide in advance on the color, and paint each detail separately. This way you will avoid unpainted joints and a drop of paint on neighboring elements. The paint should be frost and moisture resistant, for outdoor work, on wood.
When calculating the sizes, it is necessary to take into account the age of the children. If the kids are small, or the gap is more than four years old, then it is better to make the main ramp for the older one, and build another platform for the younger one below. Or choose the golden mean, and make one slide of medium height.
The calculations are approximately as follows:
- Galvanized sheet for the ramp — 2 Sq.m;
- Wooden board for strengthening the ramp — 2 * 1 meter;
- Posts-legs made of timber 20-25 cm — 6 m (1.5 m each).
For the site:
- Meter—long boards for the base - with a total area of 1 sq.m.;
- Metal corners — 4 m (4 pieces per 1 meter);
- The sides of the beam 5 cm — 4 pieces per meter;
- Boards for picket fences 10 * 50 cm — 10 pcs., 5 on each side.
For roof construction:
- Supports made of timber 7-10 cm — 5 m, one meter on one side, and one for the base-the middle;
- Meter—long grid boards, 10-15 cm wide - 1 meter long, 6-8 pcs.;
- Roof of your choice — with an area of 2 sq.m.
- the base is made of timber 10-15 cm. — 2 pieces of 1.5-2 m.;
- supports for steps made of bars 10-15 cm. — according to the width of the future steps;
- steps 80 cm long – the number is individual;
- plywood walls — by the number of steps;
- railings made of timber 5 cm — 2 pcs.;
- posts for railings made of timber 5 cm — 4-5 pcs.
You will also need consumables, screws, bolts. A screwdriver, a construction stapler can also be useful. The dimensions and number of parts are indicated approximately, if necessary, you can supplement the design yourself, reduce it, or increase it, but so that the height of the children's slide is no more than 2.5 meters in height.
The order of work
When the paint on the parts dries out, you can start assembling. This is the most interesting stage where you can attract older children.
First of all, the "stool" is assembled. To do this, you need to weld the iron corners together to make a square niche. Make holes in them for fixing the platform. It is necessary to think over the fastening of the pillars in advance.
We put the prepared boards into the iron niche and fasten them with bolts. We fix the platform on the pillars, so that a meter remains at the bottom, half a meter at the top. Next, we assemble the ladder:
- To make it convenient to fix the ladder later, you can make the first step twice as wide so that the top protrudes;
- On the base we nail the support bars at an angle, because the stairs will have a slope;
- Nail the steps to the bars, fixing each corner with a screw or nail;
- Posts under the railing of equal length should be nailed to the base of the stairs. The tops need to be cut at an angle to get a smooth slope;
- Install the railing, nailing them to each column, at the upper ends also make a cut;
- Fix the first step with the protruding part on the platform, nail the upper ends of the railing with slices to the posts.
It is also necessary to prepare the slide slide in advance, to do this, attach a galvanized sheet to the board with nails or a construction stapler. From the bottom you need to leave a little sheet without support, this is necessary to create a seat.
Fix the ramp to the structure by making an oblique cut at the board. Under the ramp, dig a small niche, literally 5-10 cm, stick the free edge of the galvanized sheet there, sprinkle with sand.
After installing the stairs and the ramp, two empty spans remain, they need to be closed with safe sides:
- nail meter-long bars to the posts-legs, from above and from below, thus closing the span;
- stuff picket fences on the bars.
Instead of picket fences, you can use solid plywood sheets, it's safer, and you can make a drawing on them.
It is not necessary to close the spans, but to make additional interesting descents, for example, a rope net, a solid shield with holes and stuffed bars.
Last of all, we put the roof. To make it more convenient, it is better to assemble the grid on the ground:
- place two supports at a distance of 1 meter from each other, fill half of the boards:
- do the same with the remaining elements;
- fix the ends of the supports on the post;
- strengthen the middle with a fifth bar, nailing the other side of the lattice to it;
- decompose and fix the roof.
That's all, the children's slide is ready with your own hands. After assembly, be sure to shake the structure to make sure it is safe. To make it more interesting for children, you can make a sandbox right under the playground.
To do this, you need to nail 4 wide boards to the posts, fill in the resulting box with sand. It is also better to lay the bottom, the sand is caked over time, trampled, so it needs to be loosened periodically. The bottom will help not to mix the earth with sand. Remember, the main thing is that the playground is safe and reliable.
Photo of a children's slide