A canopy with your own hands is a step—by-step instruction for beginners. Canopies made of different materials: wood, metal, polycarbonate (200 photos)
The private and suburban area provides a wonderful outdoor recreation, with the opportunity to have a great time and decorate the house territory with functional and aesthetic designs. The landscaping of the cottage begins with the construction of residential and utility rooms, over time, beautiful and spacious gazebos, places for cooking and fenced driveways appear on the territory.
To complement the harmonious landscape design project and increase the comfort of rest and spending time in the suburban area, it is possible to build effective and attractive hinged structures.
Practical and original examples presented in the photo of self-made canopies will help to independently and conveniently equip the designated recreation areas and functional areas.
Outbuildings built with their own hands can be temporary and permanent, which are united by the main function, which is to protect a certain territory from weather conditions.
They help to shelter certain buildings or functional areas from rain or wind, scorching sun and even snow, the modern market offers a wide variety of types of canopies:
- open. By design, such structures are several supports of vertical orientation with a light roof made of various materials, pergolas can be installed along the perimeter or green spaces can be planted;
- half-closed. For their arrangement, frame structures with a stationary roof and side parapets are most often used, various wear-resistant building materials are used as protective elements for openings;
- closed. Stationary buildings with glazed openings or sheathed with a variety of PVC sheets, metal tiles, polycarbonate and other bases with increased moisture resistance.
Hinged architectural forms for street use, depending on the location, can be attached and free-standing, the type of structure being erected is determined by its intended purpose.
The practical use of a space protected from bad weather and adverse weather conditions, located under a canopy, allows you to correctly zone the site, hinged buildings can be used for:
- covered car parking. Personal transport is protected from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or from leaves falling from trees, seasonal precipitation;
- registration of the entrance group. Decorative buildings decorate the entrance group, create an aesthetic composition due to a combination of decorative and stylistic finishes;
- barbecue or grill shelters. Metal and forged elements will retain their attractive appearance and functionality for a long time with the protection measures taken;
- protection of greenhouses or greenhouses. Preventing overheating and excessive solar activity will help ensure the normal growth and development of vegetation in greenhouse conditions;
- arrangement of the pool and terrace. An open space for recreation with additional equipment will become a favorite place for spending free time for the whole family;
- outdoor children's play areas. The ensured safety of children allows kids to spend more time outdoors and in the open air without harm to their health;
- woodpiles for storing firewood. The woodpiles store harvested lumber for fireplaces, stoves, barbecues with the need to protect them from precipitation and preserve the properties of wood.
Before making a canopy with your own hands, you need to carefully work out the future project and select the necessary construction and decorative, functional materials for its design.
Practical owners prepare in advance for the construction of such structures, providing them with a long service life of a reliable and stable building on their dacha, infield or near the house.
Selection of construction and finishing materials for canopies
Expensive hinged structures can be purchased ready-made and order not cheap installation from specialists, or independently draw up a project and choose the best option for the arrangement of your dacha territory.
A strong and stable base or frame for a canopy can be made from a variety of canvases using improvised means or purchased building materials, most often preference is given to such building materials:
- logs made of natural wood or securely fastened boards, timber made of different types of wood;
- reliable metal that can be welded well and treated with protective means;
- a practical natural or artificial stone, for which cement is used to fix it.
In addition to vertical supports, the structure consists of a roof, for which even more materials can be used, thanks to modern technological developments and a wide variety of offers on the market.
Independently choosing what to make a canopy from, you can borrow ideas by studying buildings sold in assembly for subsequent installation, or use familiar and inexpensive consumables:
- moisture-resistant fabric or awning. Dense canvases look aesthetically pleasing and perfectly protect from sunlight and wind gusts;
- wear-resistant polycarbonate. Gives the canopy a modern and original look, easy to clean and clean from any dirt;
- profile sheet or tile. Beautiful profile canopies are distinguished by a rich variety of architectural solutions;
- soft shingles and roofing material. It is available in a variety of color and shade solutions, adorns a landscape composition.
Having chosen the best solution for the design of the structure, you can independently build a beautiful and functional canopy over the porch of a country house, a recreation area in the garden or over swings and a playground.
Independent construction must be carried out according to generally accepted technology, with mandatory compliance with safety regulations, all stages are carefully thought out, which guarantees significant time savings.
Technology and stages of canopy construction
Having stopped at the final version of the design of the house territory, it is necessary to plan further activities and study the stages and construction technology of the construction of protective structures.
The easiest way would be to attach a canopy to the house, as the best solution to save money on consumable building materials and your own time needed for the construction of a functional and practical building.
The simplest version of the canopy will be a construction of affordable and easy-to-process materials, considering free-standing structures, it is better to choose those that do not require the arrangement of the foundation.
Before starting construction, it is necessary to carefully consider the location of the hinged structure on the site and choose those construction and decorative materials that will allow you to make a beautiful and practical canopy yourself.